Irish actor and model Caitriona Balfe was born in Dublin. She is best known for playing the main character in the Starz drama series Outlander, for which she got the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress in 2017 and 2018. She’s also been in movies like “Now You See Me,” “Money Monster,” and “Ford v. Ferrari.” Balfe is in her early 40s and has a net worth of $5 million. In this article, we’ll talk about Caitriona Balfe’s early life, career, net worth, new projects, and age in 2022-2023.
Caitriona Balfe BioTable
|Date of birth
|October 4, 1979
|Role as Claire Fraser in Outlander
|Awards and nominations
2 British Academy Scottish Awards, 2 Irish Film and Television Awards, 2 Saturn Awards, 4 Golden Globe Award nominations
|Married to Anthony McGill (2019); one son (born 2021)
Caitriona Balfe Biography
Caitriona Balfe is from Ireland and used to be a beauty model. She is best known for playing Claire Fraser in the TV show Outlander, which is about the past.
Balfe was born on October 4, 1979, in Dublin, Ireland. She was raised in the village of Tydavnet, which is close to Monaghan Town. She is the fourth child out of five. Her father had been a Garda Sergeant before he quit.
Balfe went to the Dublin Institute of Technology to study acting. In 1999, a modeling agency found her while she was at a mall collecting money for a good cause. She started modeling in Dublin and then went to Paris, where she signed with the Ford Models agency.
Balfe had a successful career as a model. She walked the runway for Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton, and H&M, among other top fashion names. She was in ads for Calvin Klein, Roberto Cavalli, and Givenchy as well.
Balfe’s first role was in the science fiction movie Super 8 in 2010. She then had parts in the movies The Beauty and the Beast, Escape Plan, and Money Monster.
Caitriona Balfe’s Net Worth
Balfe is also well-known for making a lot of money from her playing career. Caitriona has worked hard to build up her wealth, which in 2023 is worth about $11 million. This money came from the parts she played in a lot of hit TV shows.
It is clear that it takes a lot of hard work and effort to build up such a large net worth. Balfe has spent a lot of time perfecting her skills and getting better at what she does. Her ability to give each part she plays depth and a real feel. She is one of the best actors in Hollywood because she is good at these things.
Caitriona Balfe Career
Caitriona Balfe is an Irish actress and model who has done well in both fields. She is best known for playing Claire Fraser in the historical drama series Outlander. For this part, she was nominated for four Golden Globes and one BAFTA. Here are some of her career’s high points.
She started modeling when she was 19 years old. An agent found her while she was at a mall collecting money for charity. She moved to Paris and became one of the most popular models in the world. She walked in more than 250 runway shows for names like Chanel, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana, and Louis Vuitton.
In 2009, she went to Los Angeles and took acting classes at different studios to get back to her first love, which was acting. She got her start in movies with The Devil Wears Prada, in which she played an employee of Runway magazine.
She was in movies and TV shows like Super 8, Now You See Me, Escape Plan, Money Monster, and Ford v. Ferrari. She was also in the web series The Beauty Inside and H+: The Digital Series.
Caitriona Balfe Assets
Here is a list of everything Caitriona Balfe owns:
- Balfe owns two expensive homes: one in London and one in Glasgow. The London house is believed to be worth $5 million, and the Glasgow house is estimated to be worth $3 million.
- interests: Balfe has several real estate and business interests. She also has shares in a number of companies, including the fashion brand Karen Millen.
- Balfe has a lot of expensive clothes and jewelry that he wears himself. She also has several cars, including a Mercedes-Benz and a Range Rover.
- Cash and investments: Balfe has about $2 million in cash and investments, according to estimates.
Caitriona Balfe Awards
Caitriona Balfe is an Irish actress who has been nominated for and won many awards for her work in movies and TV. Here are a few of her most important awards:
- In 2015 and 2016, she won the Saturn Award for Best Actress on Television for her part as Claire Randall on Outlander.
- In 2016, she won the Scottish BAFTA Award for Best Actress on Television for her part as Claire Randall in the TV show Outlander.
- Best Actress in a Lead Role, Irish Film, and Television Award (IFTA) Drama: Won in 2018 for her part on Outlander as Claire Randall.
- Nominated four times for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for her part as Claire Randall in Outlander.
For her part as Claire Randall in Outlander, she was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series.
- She was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work as Ma in Belfast.
- She was nominated for the British Academy Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her part as Ma in the movie Belfast.