About Aaron Harding Acting Deputy Director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency
|Acting Deputy Director, Defense Security Cooperation Agency
– Oversight of DSC’s Security Cooperation programs
– Coordination with external stakeholders for alignment with foreign policy and national security objectives
-DSCA Chief Financial Officer
– Management of financial operations, policy, and reporting
– Financial aspects of Foreign Military Sales program and Trust Fund
– Joined DSCA in 2013 as Comptroller
– Successful migration to Defense Agency Initiative (DAI)
– Formulation and execution of over $12 billion annually in Security Cooperation resources
– Acting DSCA CIO for IT divesture and improved governance
– Assistant Director for Program and Budget within WHS
– Began in 1994 as an IT professional with DoD
– Private sector IT contractor with various Federal Agencies
– Rejoined federal service in 2004 as IT manager within WHS
– Department of Defense Financial Management Certification (Level 3)
– Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
Aaron Harding Biography
Mr. Aaron Harding currently holds the position of Acting Deputy Director at the Defense Security Cooperation Agency. In this role, he supervises various Security Cooperation programs and collaborates with external partners to align DSCA activities with national security goals and foreign policy.
Mr. Harding also serves as the Chief Financial Officer at DSCA, overseeing all financial operations, including policy, audits, and reporting.
This includes managing financial aspects of programs like Foreign Military Sales and the Foreign Military Financing Program, with a total value exceeding $500 billion, as well as managing the budgeting, financial execution, and reporting for various security cooperation initiatives.
Mr. Harding joined DSCA in 2013 as the Comptroller, responsible for financial operations and audit readiness. He successfully transitioned accounting systems and managed the financial aspects of Security Cooperation and Security Assistance, amounting to over $12 billion annually.
He also briefly served as the acting DSCA CIO, facilitating the transfer of IT functions to the Washington Headquarters Services and enhancing governance and portfolio management for DSCA’s business systems.
Before joining DSCA, Mr. Harding held the position of Assistant Director for Program and Budget at WHS, providing financial management and analytical support to various defense entities.
He commenced his federal career in 1994 as an IT professional with the Department of Defense. He then worked in the private sector as a government IT contractor across different federal agencies before returning to federal service in 2004 as an IT manager at WHS, responsible for financial, acquisition, and executive domains.
Mr. Harding holds the Department of Defense Financial Management Certification (Level 3) and is a Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM).